Traditional Bhutanese Wedding
DAY 01: ARRIVE PARO, PARO – THIMPHU
DAY 02: THIMPHU
DAY 03: THIMPHU – PUNAKHA
DAY 04: PUNAKHA
DAY 05: PUNAKHA – PARO
DAY 06: PARO
DAY 07: PARO
DAY 08: DEPART PARO
The ‘Traditional Bhutanese Wedding’ feature tour provides an opportunity to renew your vows or experience a local wedding ceremony featuring a number of religious rites performed by Buddhist monks and lamas representing the importance of the bond between a husband and wife. Traditional wedding and vow renewal blessing ceremonies can be easily customised to include western elements such as ring exchange, or more elaborate local features such as masked dances, archery, offering of butterlamps and special fertility blessings. This tour also explores the highlights of Bhutan’s culturally rich western valleys of Paro, Punakha and Thimphu visiting ancient fortresses, temples, monasteries, farm houses and meeting with the hospitable locals.
Please note that this is only a suggested itinerary and there are a range of ideal locations throughout Bhutan that are ideal for experiencing a traditional Bhutanese wedding. Please contact us for more details.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE TRADITIONAL BHUTANESE WEDDING TOUR
A traditional Bhutanese wedding includes a number of religious rites performed by Buddhist monks and lamas as well as a range of optional elaborate local features such as fertility blessing and masked dances. It can also include western elements such as ring exchange. This Feature Tour also visits significant historical and sacred sites throughout the western valleys of Paro, Thimphu and Punakha.
- Visit a rural village to enjoy traditional Losar food, singing, dancing.
- Experience traditional Losar games dha (archery), khuru (darts) and degoer (flat stone throwing).
- Discover some of the most sacred Buddhist monasteries and temples in the Himalaya.
- Explore cultural attractions including medieval fortresses (Dzongs), markets and museums.
- Hike up to the famous Taktsang Monastery, perched on a cliff 900m above the valley floor.
- Marvel at the elaborate and ancient wall paintings and carvings in Dzongs and temples.
- Traverse beautiful landscapes from lush valleys to dense forests.
- Incorporate a Value-Added Option such as a cooking lesson or meditation session with a monk.
To view more information about some of the townships that are featured in this tour, please visit the Township Highlights page.
BHUTAN TOUR DATES:
All of our Bhutan tours are private, tailor-made journeys for independent travel on dates of your choosing. We can easily customise your Bhutan tour to spend more in the places doing the activities that you are interested in. Please click on the ‘Tailor-Design This Tour’ tab above to begin customising this tour to your requirements. This tour can be experienced all year around.
WHAT WE INCLUDE IN OUR TAILOR MADE BHUTAN TOURS:
- Bhutan Tourist Tariff Royalty & Visa fees.
- All private excursions and transfers in superior air-conditioned vehicle.
- Local English speaking guide/tour leader.
- Experienced driver.
- Accommodation in carefully selected, highest standard government approved hotels & guesthouses.
- All meals in Bhutan.
- All entrance fees and permits.
- All personal expenses such as bars, beverages, laundry, telephone and tips.
- Medical / Travel Insurance.