Beyond the Clouds Walking Tour
DAY 01: ARRIVE PARO, PARO – THIMPHU
DAY 02: THIMPHU OR HIKE TO CHERI MONASTERY
DAY 03: THIMPHU – PUNAKHA (HIKE: TASHIGANG GOENPA/LUNGCHOTSE LHAKHANG/DOCHU LA)
DAY 04: PUNAKHA
DAY 05: PUNAKHA – TRONGSA
DAY 06: TRONGSA – PHOBJIKHA VALLEY
DAY 07: PHOBJIKHA VALLEY – WANGDUE (SHASILA HIKE)
DAY 08: WANGDUE – PARO
DAY 09: PARO
DAY 10: DEPART PARO
This Bhutan walking tour will take you through stunning, isolated wilderness to rarely visited monasteries, remote and peaceful villages and valleys, and to high passes offering breathtaking mountain scenery that are only accessible only by foot. This fantastic tour provides a wonderful opportunity to explore Bhutan’s natural wonders at their best, as well as gain a true experience of traditional life with an afternoon spent as a guest in a village. This tour also explores the highlights of Bhutan’s culturally rich western valleys of Paro, Punakha and Thimphu and beautiful Phobjikha.
BEST SEASON: May to June.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE BEYOND THE CLOUDS BHUTAN WALKING TOUR
This Bhutan walking tour traverses through areas of incredible natural beauty to isolated monasteries, villages and valleys, and high mountain passes offering breathtaking scenery. This tour also explores the highlights of Bhutan’s culturally rich western valleys of Paro, Punakha and Thimphu and beautiful Phobjikha.
- Walk through landscapes of lush valleys, dense forests and rushing streams.
- Enjoy an afternoon experience life in a traditional Bhutanese village.
- Explore the stunning Phobjikha Valley, winter home to the Black-Necked Crane.
- Discover some of the most sacred Buddhist monasteries and temples in the Himalaya.
- Experience Bhutan’s unique culture up-close with farmhouse visits and village excursions.
- Visit many cultural attractions including medieval fortresses (Dzongs), markets and museums.
- Hike up to the famous Taktsang Monastery, perched on a cliff 900m above the valley floor.
- Marvel at the elaborate and ancient wall paintings and carvings in Dzongs and temples.
- Incorporate a Value-Added Option such as a cooking lesson or meditation session with a monk.
To view more information about some of the townships that are featured in this tour, please visit the Township Highlights page.
BHUTAN TOUR DATES:
All of our Bhutan tours are private, tailor-made journeys for independent travel on dates of your choosing. We can easily customise your Bhutan tour to spend more in the places doing the activities that you are interested in. Please click on the ‘Tailor-Design This Tour’ tab above to begin customising this tour to your requirements. This tour can be experienced all year around.
WHAT WE INCLUDE IN OUR TAILOR MADE BHUTAN TOURS:
- Bhutan Tourist Tariff Royalty & Visa fees.
- All private excursions and transfers in superior air-conditioned vehicle.
- Local English speaking guide/tour leader.
- Experienced driver.
- Accommodation in carefully selected, highest standard government approved hotels & guesthouses.
- All meals in Bhutan.
- All entrance fees and permits.
- All personal expenses such as bars, beverages, laundry, telephone and tips.
- Medical / Travel Insurance.