Valley of Earthly Delights
DAY 01: ARRIVE PARO, PARO – THIMPHU
DAY 02: THIMPHU
DAY 03: THIMPHU – PHOBJIKHA VALLEY
DAY 04: PHOBJIKHA VALLEY
DAY 05: PHOBJIKHA VALLEY – PUNAKHA
DAY 06: PUNAKHA – PARO
DAY 07: PARO
DAY 08: DEPART PARO
This cultural tour explores the wonderfully diverse environment of Bhutan’s western valleys as well as their cultural heritage. Drive over high mountain passes and through rapidly changing vegetation from pine forests to hills covered in rhododendrons, magnolias and dwarf bamboo – abundant with birds and wildlife. The centrepiece to this tour is time spent exploring the beautiful Phobjikha Valley, winter home to the rare Black-Necked Crane. This tour also visits ancient fortresses, temples, monasteries, markets, farm houses and museums in Paro, Thimphu and Punakha. Highlights include the Ta Dzong Museum, Rimpong Dzong, the infamous Taktsang Monastery (Tiger’s Nest), The National Memorial Chorten, 12th century Changangkha Temple, the National Library exhibiting ancient scriptures, Phobjikha Sanctuary and Punakha Dzong.
There is also an optional day tour of the beautiful Haa Valley available as part of this tour.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE VALLEY OF EARTHLY DELIGHTS TOUR
The ‘Valley of Earthly Delights’ cultural tour focuses on exploring the wonderfully diverse environment of Bhutan’s western valleys as well as their cultural heritage. Experience rapidly changing vegetation from pine forests to hills covered in rhododendrons, magnolias and dwarf bamboo – abundant with birds and wildlife.
- Traverse beautiful landscapes of lush valleys, dense forests and rushing streams.
- Explore the stunning Phobjikha Valley, winter home to the Black-Necked Crane.
- Discover some of the most sacred Buddhist monasteries and temples in the Himalaya.
- Experience Bhutan’s unique culture up-close with farmhouse visits and village excursions.
- Visit many cultural attractions including medieval fortresses (Dzongs), markets and museums.
- Hike up to the famous Taktsang Monastery, perched on a cliff 900m above the valley floor.
- Marvel at the elaborate and ancient wall paintings and carvings in Dzongs and temples.
- Incorporate a Value-Added Option such as a cooking lesson or meditation session with a monk.
To view more information about some of the townships that are featured in this tour, please visit the Township Highlights page.
BHUTAN TOUR DATES:
All of our Bhutan tours are private, tailor-made journeys for independent travel on dates of your choosing. We can easily customise your Bhutan tour to spend more in the places doing the activities that you are interested in. Please click on the ‘Tailor-Design This Tour’ tab above to begin customising this tour to your requirements. This tour can be experienced all year around.
WHAT WE INCLUDE IN OUR TAILOR MADE BHUTAN TOURS:
- Bhutan Tourist Tariff Royalty & Visa fees.
- All private excursions and transfers in superior air-conditioned vehicle.
- Local English speaking guide/tour leader.
- Experienced driver.
- Accommodation in carefully selected, highest standard government approved hotels & guesthouses.
- All meals in Bhutan.
- All entrance fees and permits.
- All personal expenses such as bars, beverages, laundry, telephone and tips.
- Medical / Travel Insurance.