DAY 01: ARRIVE PARO
DAY 02: PARO
DAY 03: PARO – PUNAKHA
DAY 04: PUNAKHA
DAY 05: PUNAKHA – GANGTEY/PHOBJIKHA
DAY 06: GANGTEY/PHOBJIKHA – THIMPHU
DAY 07: THIMPHU
DAY 08: THIMPHU – PARO
DAY 09: DEPART PARO
Experience the spectacular Punakha Tsechu (Festival), held in the grounds of the magnificent Punakha Dzong. A Tsechu is a Buddhist festival in honour of Guru Rimpoche, the saint who brought Buddhism to Bhutan. Locals gather in a spirit of festivity, celebration and deep faith to witness unique masked dances and celebrations. The Tsechu is one of the best ways to experience the ancient living culture of Bhutan. Also visit sacred sites in Paro, Thimphu, Punakha and view the Black-Necked Cranes in the beautiful Phobjikha Valley.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE PUNAKHA TSECHU TOUR
Witness the celebration of traditional Bhutanese culture and faith and Punakha Festival (Tsechu), held in the grounds of the magnificent Punakha Dzong. This Bhutan tour also explores all of the highlights of Bhutan’s western valleys, and visits Phobjikha Valley, winter home to the Black-Necked Cranes.
- Witness sacred dances and rituals performed by monks and laymen in elaborate, colourful costumes.
- Join in with locals in a special occasion of celebration, blessings and socialising.
- Discover some of the most sacred Buddhist monasteries and temples in the Himalaya.
- Explore the stunning Phobjikha Valley, winter home to the Black-Necked Crane.
- Visit many cultural attractions including medieval fortresses (Dzongs), markets and museums.
- Hike up to the famous Taktsang Monastery, perched on a cliff 900m above the valley floor.
- Marvel at the elaborate and ancient wall paintings and carvings in Dzongs and temples.
- Traverse beautiful landscapes from lush valleys to dense forests.
- Incorporate a Value-Added Option such as a cooking lesson or meditation session with a monk.
To view more information about some of the townships that are featured in this tour, please visit the Township Highlights page.
BHUTAN TOUR DATES:
All of our Bhutan tours are private, tailor-made journeys for independent travel on dates of your choosing. We can easily customise your Bhutan tour to spend more in the places doing the activities that you are interested in. Please click on the ‘Tailor-Design This Tour’ tab above to begin customising this tour to your requirements. This tour can be experienced all year around.
WHAT WE INCLUDE IN OUR TAILOR MADE BHUTAN TOURS:
- Bhutan Tourist Tariff Royalty & Visa fees.
- All private excursions and transfers in superior air-conditioned vehicle.
- Local English speaking guide/tour leader.
- Experienced driver.
- Accommodation in carefully selected, highest standard government approved hotels & guesthouses.
- All meals in Bhutan.
- All entrance fees and permits.
- All personal expenses such as bars, beverages, laundry, telephone and tips.
- Medical / Travel Insurance.