THE LAST SHANGRI LA
DAY 01: ARRIVE PARO – THIMPHU
DAY 02: THIMPHU
DAY 03: THIMPHU – PHOBJIKHA VALLEY
DAY 04: PHOBJIKHA VALLEY – BUMTHANG
DAY 05: BUMTHANG
DAY 06: BUMTHANG – PUNAKHA
DAY 07: PUNAKHA
DAY 08: PUNAKHA – PARO
DAY 09: PARO
DAY 10: DEPART PARO
Discover the highlights of Bhutan’s popular western and spiritual central valleys in luxury. Visit Dzongs, temples, monasteries, palaces, and witness Bhutan’s ever-changing scenic beauty of forests and Himalayan peaks from the comfort of a SUVs. For those with a little less time or are interested in a birds-eye view, we can easily organize helicopter transfers. At the end of the day you will unwind at your luxurious accommodation, options including Taj Tashi, Uma Punakha, Uma Paro, Six Senses, Amankora, Gangtey Goenpa Lodge, Le Meridian, and Bhutan Spirit Sanctuary, experiencing their first-class service and facilities including massage, spa, well-being therapies and fine dining. This tour included a night in the stunning Phobjikha Valley, winter home of the endangered Black-Necked Crane. We can also organize a range of add-on options to you provide the most luxurious and unforgettable experience of the Dragon Kingdom.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE LAST SHANGRI-LA TOUR
‘The Last Shangri-La’ Luxury Tour explores all of the highlights of Bhutan’s western valleys, as well as the central Bumthang Valley at a relaxed pace using the most luxurious accommodations and services available in the kingdom. Ideal for those who would like to really savour their experience of Bhutan.
- Stay in a boutique range of luxurious resorts and lodges offering every modern comfort.
- Discover some of the most sacred Buddhist monasteries and temples in the Himalaya.
- Indulge in a range of holistic therapies including Ayurveda, massage and facials and meditation.
- Explore Bhutan’s central valleys, rich with ancient historical and sacred Buddhist sites.
- Visit many cultural attractions including medieval fortresses (Dzongs), markets and museums.
- Enjoy 5-star cuisine, including an opportunity to sample some of Bhutan’s fiery Chilli dishes.
- Spend a night in the beautiful Phobjikha Valley, winter home to the Black-Necked Crane.
- Hike up to the famous Taktsang Monastery, perched on a cliff 900m above the valley floor.
- Marvel at the elaborate and ancient wall paintings and carvings in Dzongs and temples.
- Traverse beautiful landscapes from lush valleys to dense forests.
- Incorporate a Value-Added Option such as a cooking lesson or meditation session with a monk.
To view more information about some of the townships that are featured in this tour, please visit the Township Highlights page.
BHUTAN TOUR DATES:
All of our Bhutan tours are private, tailor-made journeys for independent travel on dates of your choosing. We can easily customize your Bhutan tour to spend more in the places doing the activities that you are interested in. Please click on the ‘Tailor-Design This Tour’ tab above to begin customizing this tour to your requirements. This tour can be experienced all year around.
WHAT WE INCLUDE IN OUR TAILOR-MADE BHUTAN TOURS:
- Bhutan Tourist Tariff Royalty & Visa fees.
- All private excursions and transfers in superior air-conditioned vehicle.
- Local English speaking guide/tour leader.
- Experienced driver.
- Accommodation in carefully selected, highest standard government approved hotels & guesthouses.
- All meals in Bhutan.
- All entrance fees and permits.
- All personal expenses such as bars, beverages, laundry, telephone and tips.
- Medical / Travel Insurance.