Druk Path Trek
DAY 01: ARRIVE PARO
DAY 02: PARO
DAY 03: PARO – JELE DZONG (5 hrs)
DAY 04: JELE DZONG – JANGCHULAKHA (4hrs)
DAY 05: JANGCHULAKHA – J’LANGTSHO (4hrs)
DAY 06: JIMILANGTSHO – SIMKOTA (4hrs)
DAY 07: SIMKOTA – PHAJODING (4hrs)
DAY 08: PHAJODING – THIMPHU (3hrs)
DAY 09: DAY EXCURSION TO PUNAKHA
DAY 10: THIMPHU – PARO
DAY 11: DEPART PARO
The Druk Path Trek is a moderate, six-day trek. This popular trek offers beautiful views as you cross the chain of mountains that separate the Paro and Thimphu valleys. This route is also famous for its spectacular rhododendron forests and wonderful high altitude lakes teeming with fish. There will be a number of temples and dzongs to visit on the way, and in the clear weather of late autumn and winter there are great views of the Himalayas. As well as being able to visit the sites of Paro and Thimphu before and after the trek, you may also enjoy a day excursion to the Punakha valley to visit the imposing Punakha Dzong.
Season: This trek is usually possible from late February to June and from September to December.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE DRUK PATH TREK
The Druk Path Trek is a moderate, six-day trek. This popular trek offers beautiful views as you cross the chain of mountains that separate the Paro and Thimphu valleys. This route is also famous for its spectacular rhododendron forests and wonderful high altitude lakes teeming with fish.
- Traverse beautiful landscapes from lush valleys to dense forests and snow capped mountains.
- Experience Bhutan’s unique culture up-close with farmhouse visits and village excursions.
- Spend time Marvelling at the ancient wall paintings and carvings in Dzongs and temples.
- Discover some of the most sacred Buddhist monasteries and temples in the Himalaya.
- Visit many cultural attractions including medieval fortresses (Dzongs), markets and museums.
- Hike up to the famous Taktsang Monastery, perched on a cliff 900m above the valley floor.
- Incorporate a Value-Added Option such as a cooking lesson or meditation session with a monk.
To view more information about some of the townships that are featured in this tour, please visit the Township Highlights page.
BHUTAN TREK DATES:
All of our Bhutan tours and treks are private, tailor-made journeys for independent travel on dates of your choosing, subject to the trek taking place during the trekking season as identified in the itinerary overview above. We can easily customise your Bhutan tour and trek to spend more in the places doing the activities that you are interested in. Please click on the ‘Tailor-Design this Tour’ tab above to begin customising this tour to your requirements.
WHAT WE INCLUDE IN OUR TAILOR MADE BHUTAN TREKS:
- Bhutan Tourist Tariff Royalty & Visa fees.
- All private excursions and transfers in superior air-conditioned vehicle.
- Local English speaking trekking guide/tour leader.
- Cook and camp hand who will take care of camp chores and provide wholesome meals.
- Services of horsemen who will look after the yaks & ponies that transport luggage and camp gear.
- Experienced driver.
- Accommodation in carefully selected, highest standard government approved hotels & guesthouses.
- All meals in Bhutan.
- All entrance fees and permits.
- All personal expenses such as bars, beverages, laundry, telephone and tips.
- Medical / Travel Insurance.