DAY 01: ARRIVE PARO
DAY 02: PARO
DAY 03: PARO – SHANA (6hrs)
DAY 04: SHANA – SOIL THANGTHANGKHA (8hrs)
DAY 05: SOIL T’HANGKHA – JANGOTHANG (8hrs)
DAY 06: REST DAY AT JANGOTHANG
DAY 07: JANGOTHANG – LINGSHI (8hrs)
DAY 08: LINGSHI – CHEBISA (6hrs)
DAY 09: CHEBISA – SHOUMUTHANG (7hrs)
DAY 10: SHOUMUTHANG – ROBLUTHANG (7hrs)
DAY 11: ROBLUTHANG – LIMITHANG (8hrs)
DAY 12: LIMITHANG – LAYA (5hrs)
DAY 13: REST DAY AT LAYA
DAY 14: LAYA – CHAMSA (9hrs)
DAY 15: CHAMSA – GASA TSHACHU (7hrs)
DAY 16: GASA TSHACHU REST DAY
DAY 17: GASA – PUNAKHA
DAY 18: PUNAKHA
DAY 19: PUNAKHA – THIMPHU
DAY 20: THIMPHU
DAY 21: THIMPHU – PARO
DAY 22: DEPART PARO
This route offers a great variety of trekking conditions, from picturesque farmland and forests to alpine pastureland and high mountain passes (16,100 ft). Spectacular campsites, beneath some of Bhutan’s most impressive peaks, of which the most notable are Chomolhari and Jichu Drake, are also features of this trekking route. Numerous isolated dzongs and scattered settlements, including the extraordinary village of Laya, and the Gasa hot springs make this trek one of the most popular.
Season: This trek is generally open from April to June and mid- September to mid-November. However, April is the best trekking month for the Laya region.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE LAYA TREK
The Laya Trek offers a great variety of trekking conditions, from picturesque farmland and forests to alpine pastureland and high mountain passes (16,100 ft). Numerous isolated dzongs and scattered settlements, including the extraordinary village of Laya, and Gasa make this trek one of the most popular.
- Experience fabulous views of snow-capped mountains such as Mt. Jumolhari and Mt. Jichu Drake.
- Traverse beautiful landscapes from lush valleys to dense forests.
- Explore the isolated community of Laya.
- Soak in the therapeutic waters of the Gasa Hot Springs.
- Camp overnight beneath some of Bhutan’s most impressive mountain peaks.
- Spend time Marvelling at the ancient wall paintings and carvings in Dzongs and temples.
- Discover some of the most sacred Buddhist monasteries and temples in the Himalaya.
- Visit many cultural attractions including medieval fortresses (Dzongs), markets and museums.
- Hike up to the famous Taktsang Monastery, perched on a cliff 900m above the valley floor.
- Incorporate a Value-Added Option such as a cooking lesson or meditation session with a monk.
To view more information about some of the townships that are featured in this tour, please visit the Township Highlights page.
BHUTAN TREK DATES:
All of our Bhutan tours and treks are private, tailor-made journeys for independent travel on dates of your choosing, subject to the trek taking place during the trekking season as identified in the itinerary overview above. We can easily customise your Bhutan tour and trek to spend more in the places doing the activities that you are interested in. Please click on the ‘Tailor-Design this Tour’ tab above to begin customising this tour to your requirements.
WHAT WE INCLUDE IN OUR TAILOR MADE BHUTAN TREKS:
- Bhutan Tourist Tariff Royalty & Visa fees.
- All private excursions and transfers in superior air-conditioned vehicle.
- Local English speaking trekking guide/tour leader.
- Cook and camp hand who will take care of camp chores and provide wholesome meals.
- Services of horsemen who will look after the yaks & ponies that transport luggage and camp gear.
- Experienced driver.
- Accommodation in carefully selected, highest standard government approved hotels & guesthouses.
- All meals in Bhutan.
- All entrance fees and permits.
- All personal expenses such as bars, beverages, laundry, telephone and tips.
- Medical / Travel Insurance.