DAY 01: ARRIVE PARO
DAY 02: PARO
DAY 03: PARO – SHANA (6hrs)
DAY 04: SHANA – SOIL THANGTHANGKHA (8hrs)
DAY 05: SOIL THANG’KHA – JANGOTHANG (8hrs)
DAY 06: JANGOTHANG – LINGSHI (8hrs)
DAY 07: LINGSHI – SHODU (8hrs)
DAY 08: SHODU – BARSHONG (7hrs)
DAY 09: BARSHONG – DOLAM KENCHO (6hrs)
DAY 10: D. KENCHO – DODENA/THIMPHU (3hrs)
DAY 11: THIMPHU – PARO
DAY 12: DEPART PARO
The beautiful Jomolhari Trek highlights the great diversity that the Bhutanese landscape has to offer. You will pass through thick pine forests, scattered hamlets and alpine meadows that lead to the high pastureland where yak herders graze their animals. Highlights include the fabulous views of snow-capped mountains such as Mt. Jomolhari and Mt. Jichu Drake and camping overnight at the base of Mt Jomolhari. It is a difficult route attaining a maximum altitude of 15,114 ft, and requires trekkers to have very good physical fitness. Before and after your trek, there will also be time to visit the sites of Paro and Thimphu.
Season: The ideal time for this trek is Apr-June & Sep- Nov.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE JOMOLHARI TREK
The Jumolhari Trek highlights the great diversity that the Bhutanese landscape has to offer. You will pass through thick pine forests, scattered hamlets and alpine meadows that lead to the high pastureland where yak herders graze their animals.
- Experience fabulous views of snow-capped mountains such as Mt. Jumolhari and Mt. Jichu Drake.
- Traverse beautiful landscapes from lush valleys to dense forests.
- Discover Bhutan’s unique culture up-close with farmhouse visits and village excursions.
- Camp overnight at the base of Mt Jumolhari.
- Spend time Marvelling at the ancient wall paintings and carvings in Dzongs and temples.
- Discover some of the most sacred Buddhist monasteries and temples in the Himalaya.
- Visit many cultural attractions including medieval fortresses (Dzongs), markets and museums.
- Hike up to the famous Taktsang Monastery, perched on a cliff 900m above the valley floor.
- Incorporate a Value-Added Option such as a cooking lesson or meditation session with a monk.
To view more information about some of the townships that are featured in this tour, please visit the Township Highlights page.
BHUTAN TREK DATES:
All of our Bhutan tours and treks are private, tailor-made journeys for independent travel on dates of your choosing, subject to the trek taking place during the trekking season as identified in the itinerary overview above. We can easily customise your Bhutan tour and trek to spend more in the places doing the activities that you are interested in. Please click on the ‘Tailor-Design this Tour’ tab above to begin customising this tour to your requirements.
WHAT WE INCLUDE IN OUR TAILOR MADE BHUTAN TREKS:
- Bhutan Tourist Tariff Royalty & Visa fees.
- All private excursions and transfers in superior air-conditioned vehicle.
- Local English speaking trekking guide/tour leader.
- Cook and camp hand who will take care of camp chores and provide wholesome meals.
- Services of horsemen who will look after the yaks & ponies that transport luggage and camp gear.
- Experienced driver.
- Accommodation in carefully selected, highest standard government approved hotels & guesthouses.
- All meals in Bhutan.
- All entrance fees and permits.
- All personal expenses such as bars, beverages, laundry, telephone and tips.
- Medical / Travel Insurance.