A Kingdom on the Sky
DAY 01: ARRIVE PARO – THIMPHU
DAY 02: THIMPHU
DAY 03: THIMPHU – PUNAKHA
DAY 04: PUNAKHA
DAY 05: PUNAKHA – THIMPHU – PARO
DAY 06: PARO (BUMDRA CAMPING)
DAY 07: PARO
DAY 08: DEPART PARO
“Kingdom in the Sky” provides an insight into Bhutan’s Buddhist culture at a deep and comprehensive level. This trip combines spectacular drives to three historically important valleys: the bustling capital of Thimphu; the tropical Punakha valley; and the open valley of Paro. We take a fabulous day camping trek to Bumdra monastery which includes a night in a wilderness campsite high in the Himalaya and a visit to the Taktsang Goemba or Tiger’s Nest Monastery. Our circuit uses less trodden mountain paths, where few foreigners have ever set foot, to eventually approach the monastery from our campsite above the clouds. The overnight adventure includes two picnic lunches, a camp dinner and breakfast, all tentage, sleeping mattresses, a ﬁrst-aid kit and the services of experienced BTB guides and cooks.
HIGHLIGHTS OF A KINGDOM ON THE SKY TOUR
‘A Kingdom in the Sky’ combines a tour of Bhutan’s cultural western valley’s of Paro, Thmphu and Punakha with a fabulous day camping trek to Bumdra monastery which includes a night in a wilderness campsite high in the Himalaya. This tour is specially tailored to provide insight into Bhutan’s Buddhist culture at a deep and comprehensive level.
- Spend a night camping in the pristine Paro Wilderness high in the Himalaya.
- Trek less trodden mountain paths, where few foreigners have ever set foo.
- Discover some of the most sacred Buddhist monasteries and temples in the Himalaya.
- Visit many cultural attractions including medieval fortresses (Dzongs), markets and museums.
- Hike up to the famous Taktsang Monastery, perched on a cliff 900m above the valley floor.
- Marvel at the elaborate and ancient wall paintings and carvings in Dzongs and temples.
- Traverse beautiful landscapes from lush valleys to dense forests.
- Incorporate a Value-Added Option such as a cooking lesson or meditation session with a monk.
To view more information about some of the townships that are featured in this tour, please visit the Township Highlights page.
BHUTAN TOUR DATES:
All of our Bhutan tours are private, tailor-made journeys for independent travel on dates of your choosing. We can easily customise your Bhutan tour to spend more in the places doing the activities that you are interested in. Please click on the ‘Tailor-Design This Tour’ tab above to begin customising this tour to your requirements. This tour can be experienced all year around.
WHAT WE INCLUDE IN OUR TAILOR MADE BHUTAN TOURS:
- Bhutan Tourist Tariff Royalty & Visa fees.
- All private excursions and transfers in superior air-conditioned vehicle.
- Local English speaking guide/tour leader.
- Experienced driver.
- Accommodation in carefully selected, highest standard government approved hotels & guesthouses.
- All meals in Bhutan.
- All entrance fees and permits.
- All personal expenses such as bars, beverages, laundry, telephone and tips.
- Medical / Travel Insurance.