Black Necked Crane Festival
DAY 01: ARRIVE PARO – THIMPHU
DAY 02: THIMPHU
DAY 03: THIMPHU – PUNAKHA
DAY 04: PUNAKHA – GANGTEY / PHOBJIKHA
DAY 05: GANGTEY / PHOBJIKHA
DAY 06: GANGTEY / PHOBJIKHA – BUMTHANG
DAY 07: BUMTHANG
DAY 08: BUMTHANG – PUNAKHA
DAY 09: PUNAKHA – PARO
DAY 10: PARO
DAY 11: DEPART PARO
Discover the rich culture of Bhutan, and attend the unique Black Necked Crane Festival. The trip begins with a tour of Paro, Thimphu and Punakha before arriving in Gangtey/Phobjikha, home of the historic Gangtey Goempa Monastery and Phobjikha Sanctuary, famous for its rare Black Necked Cranes. Started by the local community, Black Neck Crane Festival activities include the opportunity to visit the Black Necked Cranes roost, stroll through handicraft and game stalls and enjoy masked and costumed dances in honour and praise of the Black Necked Cranes. Following the festival, you will visit Trongsa and the sacred sites of the Bumthang valley.
HIGHLIGHTS OF BLACK-NECKED CRANE FESTIVAL TOUR
Enjoy the festivities of the unique Black Necked Crane Festival in the stunning Phobjikha Valley. The trip also includes a tour of Paro, Thimphu Punakha in the west as well as the central areas of Trongsa and Bumthang.
- Enjoy masked and costumed dances in honour and praise of the Black Necked Cranes.
- Stroll through handicraft and game stalls.
- Traverse beautiful landscapes of lush valleys, dense forests and rushing streams.
- Discover some of the most sacred Buddhist monasteries and temples in the Himalaya.
- Explore Bhutan’s central valleys, rich with ancient historical and sacred Buddhist sites.
- Visit many cultural attractions including medieval fortresses (Dzongs), markets and museums.
- Hike up to the famous Taktsang Monastery, perched on a cliff 900m above the valley floor.
- Marvel at the elaborate and ancient wall paintings and carvings in Dzongs and temples.
- Traverse beautiful landscapes from lush valleys to dense forests.
- Incorporate a Value-Added Option such as a cooking lesson or meditation session with a monk.
To view more information about some of the townships that are featured in this tour, please visit the Township Highlights page.
BHUTAN TOUR DATES:
All of our Bhutan tours are private, tailor-made journeys for independent travel on dates of your choosing. We can easily customise your Bhutan tour to spend more in the places doing the activities that you are interested in. Please click on the ‘Tailor-Design This Tour’ tab above to begin customising this tour to your requirements. This tour can be experienced all year around.
WHAT WE INCLUDE IN OUR TAILOR MADE BHUTAN TOURS:
- Bhutan Tourist Tariff Royalty & Visa fees.
- All private excursions and transfers in superior air-conditioned vehicle.
- Local English speaking guide/tour leader.
- Experienced driver.
- Accommodation in carefully selected, highest standard government approved hotels & guesthouses.
- All meals in Bhutan.
- All entrance fees and permits.
- All personal expenses such as bars, beverages, laundry, telephone and tips.
- Medical / Travel Insurance.