Naro 6 Passes Trek
DAY 01: ARRIVE PARO
DAY 02: PARO
DAY 03: PARO – SHANA (5-6 hours)
DAY 04: SHANA – THANGTHANGKA (7-8 hours)
DAY 05: THANGTHANGKA – JANGOTHANG (7 hours)
DAY 06: JANGOTHANG (Rest Day)
DAY 07: JANGOTHANG – LINGSHI (7-8 hours)
DAY 08: LINGSHI – WALEYTHANG (8 hours)
DAY 09: WALEYTHANG – GANG-TSA (7-8 hours)
DAY 10: GANG-TSA – JIGMELANGTSHO (6-7 hours)
DAY 11: JIGMELANGTSHO – LABABA (6-7 hours)
DAY 12: LABABA – THIMPHU (5-6 hours)
DAY 13: THIMPHU – PUNAKHA
DAY 14: PUNAKHA – PARO
DAY 15: DEPART PARO
This exciting and challenging trek combines 6 spectacular mountain passes. Set against a backdrop of magnificent mountainous landscapes, one of the highlights of the trek is the opportunity to spend two nights beneath the imposing slopes of Mt. Chomolhari (7315m). Amongst the 6 passes traversed, the two highest passes are Yale La (4950m) and Nyile La (4870m) with the remaining four passes ranging between 4200m and 4700m.
It is a challenging trek and requires trekkers to have good physical fitness. This trek is a great option for those with a desire to experience capture a glimpse of the local nomadic lifestyle, as well as the spectacular landscapes of Western Bhutan. It also includes a tour of the fascinating sites of Paro, Thimphu and Punakha.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE NARO 6 PASSES TREK
The Naro 6 Passes passes through a stunning variety of scenery set to a backdrop of magnificent mountains. It is a challenging trek and requires trekkers to have good physical fitness. Also includes a tour of the fascinating sites of Thimphu, Punakha and Paro.
- Traverse Alpine meadows, high mountain passes, lakes, abundant wildlife and yak herder camps.
- Explore high altitude lakes overflowing with trout and mystical history.
- Capture a glimpse of the local nomadic lifestyle.
- Discover some of the most sacred Buddhist monasteries and temples in the Himalaya.
- Experience Bhutan’s unique culture up-close with farmhouse visits and village excursions.
- Trek and drive over high mountain passes affording sensational views of the Himalayan peaks.
- Visit many cultural attractions including medieval fortresses (Dzongs), markets and museums.
- Hike up to the famous Taktsang Monastery, perched on a cliff 900m above the valley floor.
- Marvel at the elaborate and ancient wall paintings and carvings in Dzongs and temples.
- Incorporate a Value-Added Option such as a cooking lesson or meditation session with a monk.
To view more information about some of the townships that are featured in this tour, please visit the Township Highlights page.
BHUTAN TREK DATES:
All of our Bhutan tours and treks are private, tailor-made journeys for independent travel on dates of your choosing, subject to the trek taking place during the trekking season as identified in the itinerary overview above. We can easily customise your Bhutan tour and trek to spend more in the places doing the activities that you are interested in. Please click on the ‘Tailor-Design this Tour’ tab above to begin customising this tour to your requirements.
WHAT WE INCLUDE IN OUR TAILOR MADE BHUTAN TREKS:
- Bhutan Tourist Tariff Royalty & Visa fees.
- All private excursions and transfers in superior air-conditioned vehicle.
- Local English speaking trekking guide/tour leader.
- Cook and camp hand who will take care of camp chores and provide wholesome meals.
- Services of horsemen who will look after the yaks & ponies that transport luggage and camp gear.
- Experienced driver.
- Accommodation in carefully selected, highest standard government approved hotels & guesthouses.
- All meals in Bhutan.
- All entrance fees and permits.
- All personal expenses such as bars, beverages, laundry, telephone and tips.
- Medical / Travel Insurance.