Bhutan International Marathon Tour
8 days (03rd March – 10th March, 2020)
DAY 01: ARRIVE PARO – THIMPHU
DAY 02: THIMPHU
DAY 03: THIMPHU – PUNAKHA
DAY 04: PUNAKHA
DAY 05: PUNAKHA – GASA – PUNAKHA (Marathon)
DAY 06: PUNAKHA – PARO
DAY 07: PARO
DAY 08: DEPART PARO
This cultural tour provides the opportunity to participate in the Bhutan International Marathon, as well as gain an in-depth view into the ancient way of life and rich culture that still thrives in Bhutan today through the western valleys of Paro, Thimphu, Punakha.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE BHUTAN INTERNATIONAL MARATHON TOUR
This feature Bhutan ‘International Marathon Tour’ offers a fascinating adventure for marathon enthusiasts. Bhutan offers a great diversity of landscapes to run through, including wide valleys, forests and challenging mountains. This tour also visits significant historical and sacred sites throughout the western valleys of Paro, Thimphu and Punakha.
- Run through mixed forests, pasturelands and valleys dotted with villages rich in culture.
- Participate in either a full marathon or half marathon, covering distances of 26.2 miles (42 kms) or 13.1 miles (21 kms) respectively.
- Discover some of the most sacred Buddhist monasteries and temples in the Himalaya.
- Visit many cultural attractions including medieval fortresses (Dzongs), markets and museums.
- Hike up to the famous Taktsang Monastery, perched on a cliff 900m above the valley floor.
- Marvel at the elaborate and ancient wall paintings and carvings in Dzongs and temples.
- Traverse beautiful landscapes from lush valleys to dense forests.
- Incorporate a Value-Added Option such as a cooking lesson or meditation session with a monk.
To view more information about some of the townships that are featured in this tour, please visit the Township Highlights page.
BHUTAN TOUR DATES:
All of our Bhutan tours are private, tailor-made journeys for independent travel on dates of your choosing. We can easily customise your Bhutan tour to spend more in the places doing the activities that you are interested in. Please click on the ‘Tailor-Design This Tour’ tab above to begin customising this tour to your requirements. This tour can be experienced all year around.
WHAT WE INCLUDE IN OUR TAILOR MADE BHUTAN TOURS:
- Bhutan Tourist Tariff Royalty & Visa fees.
- All private excursions and transfers in superior air-conditioned vehicle.
- Local English speaking guide/tour leader.
- Experienced driver.
- Accommodation in carefully selected, highest standard government approved hotels & guesthouses.
- All meals in Bhutan.
- All entrance fees and permits.
- All personal expenses such as bars, beverages, laundry, telephone and tips.
- Medical / Travel Insurance.