Youth Study Abroad
– A Special Summer Program
8 days (July 2019)
DAY 01: ARRIVE CAMPUS (Thimphu) – Welcome Ceremony
DAY 02: ORIENTATION
DAY 03: CONNECTING with your inner self
DAY 04: CULTURAL IMMERSION
DAY 05: CULTURAL IMMERSION continued
DAY 06: COMMUNITY CARE – Making caring common
DAY 07: MUSIC & MOVEMENT followed by Closing Ceremony
DAY 08: DEPART
Head, Heart, and Hands – A Collaborative Learning Program on Global Citizenship and Gross National Happiness
This eight-day “youth study abroad” residential program is being offered in Bhutan, Land of the Thunder Dragon – where the philosophy of Gross National Happiness as the goal of development originated. The summer program will offer students a valuable insight into an alternate lifestyle quite different from one in the modern world. The students will gain from experience beyond the classroom through this program. An immersion in a living culture and heritage, where traditions are not celebrated on an occasional basis but in the daily lives of people. It will not only expose students to the external rituals and traditions but offer an opportunity to explore the philosophy behind them.
Each student will leave Bhutan happier from the experience.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THIS SPECIAL SUMMER PROGRAM
The program will have three thematic areas: Mindfulness, Cultural Immersion, and Social Engagement.
Through this program, international students will:
- be introduced to Head, Heart and Hands – A Collaborative Learning Program on Global Citizenship and Gross National Happiness
- build meaningful relationships with Bhutanese students
- immerse in local culture through homestays
- taste delicious Bhutanese cuisine
- collaborate on community-based projects, outdoor excursions
- understand important issues affecting the local community and discover their role in contributing to change as global citizens
- discover their inner selves
- understand the cultural heritage and Buddhist philosophy guiding Bhutan’s development
- return with new friends and an alternate model of living in the modern world
To view more information about some of the townships that are featured in this tour, please visit the Township Highlights page.
For reasons of originality we refrain from detailing our program here.
For more information on this group tour or if you want to book this tour individually please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
TAILOR-DESIGN THIS FEATURE TOUR
We understand that every traveller is different, so we design holidays to suit you. Our consultants are experts in creating the most unique Bhutan tour just for you. Whether you are solo traveller, a couple, group of friends, or a large group, we are here to help you open the doors to your himalayan dream. Use the form below to let us know what you are interested in adding or excluding to customise this tour.
In addition to offering independent, flexible tour options, Bhutan Travel Bureau can also arrange a variety of “add on” options to provide a more in-depth experience of Bhutan. These include:
- Cooking lessons
- A farmhouse stay
- “Ara” (rice liquor) brewing lessons
- Monastery experience
- Evening dinner & culture show
Alternatively, you can awaken your senses with a range of wellbeing and spa retreats offering yoga, pilates, meditation, healing bodywork, hot stone baths and massage.
These activities can easily be incorporated into any itinerary. Please note that some activities may attract additional fees.
BHUTAN TOUR DATES:
All of our Bhutan tours are private, tailor-made journeys for independent travel on dates of your choosing. We can easily customise your Bhutan tour to spend more in the places doing the activities that you are interested in. Please click on the ‘Tailor-Design This Tour’ tab above to begin customising this tour to your requirements. This tour can be experienced all year around.
WHAT WE INCLUDE IN OUR TAILOR MADE BHUTAN TOURS:
- Airfare into Bhutan including taxes.
- Bhutan Tourist Tariff Royalty & Visa fees.
- All private excursions and transfers in superior air-conditioned vehicle.
- Local English speaking guide/tour leader.
- Experienced driver.
- Accommodation in carefully selected, highest standard government approved hotels & guesthouses.
- All meals in Bhutan.
- All entrance fees and permits.
- All personal expenses.
- Medical / Travel Insurance.
- Extra Curricular Programs.