Nimalung and Kurjey Festivals Tour
DAY 01: ARRIVE PARO – THIMPHU
DAY 02: THIMPHU
DAY 03: THIMPHU – GANGTEY/PHOBJIKHA VALLEY
DAY 04: GANGTEY/PHOBJIKHA – CHUMEY
DAY 05: CHUMEY – BUMTHANG (Nimalung Festival)
DAY 06: BUMTHANG (Kurjey Festival)
DAY 07: BUMTHANG – PUNAKHA
DAY 08: PUNAKHA
DAY 09 : PUNAKHA – PARO
DAY 10: PARO (Hike to Taktstang)
DAY 11: PARO
Enjoy two intimate Tsechu experiences in the Bumthang Valley, the Nimalung and Kurjey festivals Bhutan’s spiritual heartland. Villagers gather to witness colourful and unique masked dances and sacred rituals celebrating Bhutan’s unique cultural heritage. Also visit sacred sites in Paro, Thimphu, Punakha and Phobjikha Valley, winter home to the endangered Black-Necked Cranes.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE NIMALUNG & KURJEY FESTIVALS TOUR
Enjoy two intimate Tsechu experiences in the Bumthang Valley, Bhutan’s spiritual heartland. Also visit sacred sites in Paro, Thimphu, Punakha and Phobjikha Valley, winter home to the endangered Black-Necked Cranes.
- Enjoy masked and costumed dances celebrating Bhutan’s Buddhist cultural heritage.
- Traverse beautiful landscapes of lush valleys, dense forests and rushing streams.
- Discover some of the most sacred Buddhist monasteries and temples in the Himalaya.
- Explore Bhutan’s central valleys, rich with ancient historical and sacred Buddhist sites.
- Visit many cultural attractions including medieval fortresses (Dzongs), markets and museums.
- Hike up to the famous Taktsang Monastery, perched on a cliff 900m above the valley floor.
- Marvel at the elaborate and ancient wall paintings and carvings in Dzongs and temples.
- Traverse beautiful landscapes from lush valleys to dense forests.
- Incorporate a Value-Added Option such as a cooking lesson or meditation session with a monk.
To view more information about some of the townships that are featured in this tour, please visit the Township Highlights page.
BHUTAN TOUR DATES:
All of our Bhutan tours are private, tailor-made journeys for independent travel on dates of your choosing. We can easily customise your Bhutan tour to spend more in the places doing the activities that you are interested in. Please click on the ‘Tailor-Design This Tour’ tab above to begin customising this tour to your requirements. This tour can be experienced all year around.
WHAT WE INCLUDE IN OUR TAILOR MADE BHUTAN TOURS:
- Bhutan Tourist Tariff Royalty & Visa fees.
- All private excursions and transfers in superior air-conditioned vehicle.
- Local English speaking guide/tour leader.
- Experienced driver.
- Accommodation in carefully selected, highest standard government approved hotels & guesthouses.
- All meals in Bhutan.
- All entrance fees and permits.
- All personal expenses such as bars, beverages, laundry, telephone and tips.
- Medical / Travel Insurance.