DAY 01: ARRIVE PARO, PARO – THIMPHU
DAY 02: THIMPHU
DAY 03: THIMPHU – PUNAKHA
DAY 04: PUNAKHA/TASHITHANG – DAMJI (5-6 hrs)
DAY 05: DAMJI – GASA (6-7 hrs)
DAY 06: GASA – CHAMSA (6-7 hrs)
DAY 07: CHAMSA – LAYA (8-9 hrs)
DAY 08: LAYA (Rest Day)
DAY 09: LAYA – RHODOPHU (8-9 hrs )
DAY 10: RHODOPHU – TARINA (10-11 hrs)
DAY 11: TARINA – WOCHEY (6-7 hrs)
DAY 12: WOCHEY – LHEDI (6-7 hrs)
DAY 13: LHEDI – THANZA (7-8 hrs)
DAY 14: THANZA (Rest Day)
DAY 15: THANZA – TSHORIM (8-9 hrs)
DAY 16: TSHORIM – G’KAR PUENSUM (6-7 hrs)
DAY 17: GANGKAR PUENSUM BASE CAMP
DAY 18: G’KAR PUENSUM – GESHE WOMA (6-7 hrs)
DAY 19: GESHE WOMA – WARATHANG (8-9 hrs)
DAY 20: WARATHANG – DHUR TSHACHU (5 hrs)
DAY 21: DHUR TSHACHU – TSHOCHEMCHEM (9 hrs)
DAY 22: TSHOCHEMCHEM – BUMTHANG (13 hrs)
DAY 23: BUMTHANG
DAY 24: BUMTHANG – TRONGSA
DAY 25: TRONGSA – PARO
DAY 26: PARO
DAY 27: DEPART PARO
The Snowman Trek goes to the remote Lunana district and is considered to be one of the most difficult treks in Bhutan. Crossing dozens of high passes, many over 16,000 ft, this tough trek includes challenges of long distances, altitude, difficult weather conditions and remoteness. It however also affords some of the most magnificent views in the Himalayas, and traverses through some unforgettable landscapes.
Season: The Snowman Trek is frequently closed because of snow and is almost impossible during winter. The recommended season for this is mid-June to mid-October. Please note that the Snowman trek is only for the experienced, and due to its nature is only being offered to groups of 5 people or more.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE SNOWMAN TREK
The Snowman Trek goes to the remote Lunana district and is considered to be one of the most difficult treks in Bhutan. Crossing dozens of high passes, many over 16,000 ft, this tough trek includes challenges of long distances, altitude, difficult weather conditions and remoteness.
- Experience fabulous views of snow-capped mountains such as Mt. Jumolhari and Mt. Jichu Drake.
- Traverse beautiful landscapes from lush valleys and dense forests to high mountain passes.
- Explore the isolated community of Laya and the remote Lunana district.
- Soak in the therapeutic waters of the Gasa Hot Springs.
- Camp overnight beneath some of Bhutan’s most impressive mountain peaks.
- Spend time Marvelling at the ancient wall paintings and carvings in Dzongs and temples.
- Discover some of the most sacred Buddhist monasteries and temples in the Himalaya.
- Visit many cultural attractions including medieval fortresses (Dzongs), markets and museums.
- Hike up to the famous Taktsang Monastery, perched on a cliff 900m above the valley floor.
- Incorporate a Value-Added Option such as a cooking lesson or meditation session with a monk.
To view more information about some of the townships that are featured in this tour, please visit the Township Highlights page.
BHUTAN TREK DATES:
All of our Bhutan tours and treks are private, tailor-made journeys for independent travel on dates of your choosing, subject to the trek taking place during the trekking season as identified in the itinerary overview above. We can easily customise your Bhutan tour and trek to spend more in the places doing the activities that you are interested in. Please click on the ‘Tailor-Design this Tour’ tab above to begin customising this tour to your requirements.
WHAT WE INCLUDE IN OUR TAILOR MADE BHUTAN TREKS:
- Bhutan Tourist Tariff Royalty & Visa fees.
- All private excursions and transfers in superior air-conditioned vehicle.
- Local English speaking trekking guide/tour leader.
- Cook and camp hand who will take care of camp chores and provide wholesome meals.
- Services of horsemen who will look after the yaks & ponies that transport luggage and camp gear.
- Experienced driver.
- Accommodation in carefully selected, highest standard government approved hotels & guesthouses.
- All meals in Bhutan.
- All entrance fees and permits.
- All personal expenses such as bars, beverages, laundry, telephone and tips.
- Medical / Travel Insurance.