Youth Study Abroad/ Special Summer Program
Program Duration: 8 days/7 nights
Session I: 7 – 14 July / Session II: 21 – 28 July 2020
DAY 01: ARRIVE CAMPUS (Thimphu) – Welcome Ceremony
DAY 02: ORIENTATION
DAY 03: CONNECTING with your inner self
DAY 04: CULTURAL IMMERSION
DAY 05: CULTURAL IMMERSION continued
DAY 06: COMMUNITY CARE – Making caring common
DAY 07: MUSIC & MOVEMENT followed by Closing Ceremony
DAY 08: DEPART
Head, Heart, and Hands – A Collaborative Learning Program on Global Citizenship and Gross National Happiness
This eight-day “youth study abroad” is a special residential summer program being offered in Bhutan, Land of the Thunder Dragon – where the philosophy of Gross National Happiness as the goal of development originated. The summer program will offer students a valuable insight into an alternate lifestyle quite different from one in the modern world. The students will gain from experience beyond the classroom through this program. An immersion in a living culture and heritage, where traditions are not celebrated on an occasional basis but in the daily lives of people. It will not only expose students to the external rituals and traditions but offer an opportunity to explore the philosophy behind them.
Each student will leave Bhutan happier from the experience.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THIS SPECIAL SUMMER PROGRAM
The program will have three thematic areas: Mindfulness, Cultural Immersion, and Social Engagement.
Through this program, international students will:
- be introduced to Head, Heart and Hands – A Collaborative Learning Program on Global Citizenship and Gross National Happiness
- build meaningful relationships with Bhutanese students
- immerse in local culture through homestays
- taste delicious Bhutanese cuisine
- collaborate on community-based projects, outdoor excursions
- understand important issues affecting the local community and discover their role in contributing to change as global citizens
- discover their inner selves
- understand the cultural heritage and Buddhist philosophy guiding Bhutan’s development
- return with new friends and an alternate model of living in the modern world
To view more information about some of the townships that are featured in this tour, please visit the Township Highlights page.
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- Bhutan Tourist Tariff Royalty & Visa fees
- All private excursions and transfers in superior air-conditioned vehicle.
- Local English speaking guide/tour leader
- Experienced driver.
- All meals in Bhutan.
- All entrance fees and permit
WHAT IS EXCLUDED
- Flight into Bhutan via Drukair/ Bhutan Airlines (can be arranged with us)
- Travel Insurance
- Extra baggage charges
- Telephone calls
- Personal expenses
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Accommodation and meals in luxury hotels
- Tips for the guide and driver