06 days/ 5 nights
Package Price: USD 1175.00 per person
Fixed Departure Dates: 19 – 24 April 2020
DAY 01: 19th April – ARRIVE PARO – THIMPHU
DAY 02: 20th April – THIMPHU (Rhododendron Festival)
DAY 03: 21st April – DOCHULA – PUNAKHA
DAY 04: 22nd April – PUNAKHA – PARO
DAY 05: 23rd April – PARO
DAY 06: 24th April – DEPART PARO
To mark the spring season with full bloom flower in Bhutan, an event was first initiated in 2013, to celebrate the rhododendron flower and to encourage the eco-tourism in the country. A three-day festival is held annually at Royal Botanical Park, Lamperi, which is 45 minutes’ drive from the capital city Thimphu. Rhododendron, is a species of woody plants mainly found in Asia and is the national flower of Nepal. The spring season in Bhutan is in the months of March, April and May, also spring season is the most beautiful season with exotic flowers in bloom. During the season, Rhododendrons are grown abundantly in Bhutan and are the true symbol of Bhutan’s natural heritage and Bhutan possess around 46 species of Rhododendrons.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE RHODODENDRON FESTIVAL TOUR
The festival will showcase several interesting programs on environment, cultural and food theme. The festival features the rhododendron garden walk and exhibition, local culture and cuisines, arts and crafts, traditional games, cultural program, guided walks and other interesting activities.
The festival will focus around three main themes: ecological, cultural, and food & entertainment. While the first two themes will signify the ecological and cultural richness or the interactions between the two, the third theme will indicate the willingness and capacity of the local communities and school children.
- View sacred dances and rituals performed by monks and laymen in colourful costumes.
- Join in with locals in a special occasion of celebration, blessings and socialising.
- Explore Bhutan’s central valleys, rich with ancient historical and sacred Buddhist sites.
- Discover some of the most sacred Buddhist monasteries and temples in the Himalaya.
- Experience Bhutan’s unique culture up-close with farmhouse visits and village excursions.
- Drive over high mountain passes affording sensational views of the Himalayan peaks.
- Visit many cultural attractions including medieval fortresses (Dzongs), markets and museums.
- Hike up to the famous Taktsang Monastery, perched on a cliff 900m above the valley floor.
- Marvel at the elaborate and ancient wall paintings and carvings in Dzongs and temples.
- Traverse beautiful landscapes from lush valleys to dense forests
To view more information about some of the townships that are featured in this tour, please visit the Township Highlights page.
BHUTAN TOUR DATES
The Fixed Departure tours were especially designed keeping in mind cost saving for our clients without compromising on the quality of the experience. Our tour is perfect for the client who is adventurous, friendly and willing to share their adventure with other travelers. The itinerary dates and times are set to facilitate the timely completion of the tours for all our clients that select the set departure tour packages.
Please NOTE that the tours dates are fixed and not changeable in order to ensure the concessions of group travel for our clients. We set minimum of three clients and maximum of 16 in a group.
*Private guided tour
*Visas for Bhutan Guaranteed
*Transportation with professional driver for entire tour in Bhutan.
*Daily 3 meals (B/L/D) at designated restaurants or hotels
*Accommodation at 3-star hotel
*A qualified & licensed English-speaking guide
*Monument Entry fees
*Mineral bottled water
*Flight into Bhutan via Drukair/Bhutanair (can be arranged with us)
*Extra baggage charges
*Soft Drinks and alcoholic Beverages
*Accommodation and meals in luxury hotels
*Tips for the guide and driver