Chezhi Goenpa Temple Festival
7 Days/ 6 Nights
Package Price: USD 1,550 Per Person
Fixed Departure Dates: 4 Nov – 10 Nov 2019
DAY 01 (4 Nov): ARRIVE PARO – THIMPHU
DAY 02 (5 Nov): THIMPHU
DAY 03 (6 Nov): THIMPHU – Attend Chezhi Festival
DAY 04 (7 Nov): THIMPHU – PUNAKHA
DAY 05 (8 Nov): PUNAKHA – THIMPHU – PARO
DAY 06 (9 Nov): PARO
DAY 07 (10 Nov): PARO – DEPART PARO
This unique festival takes place in Gynekha Village at Chezhi Goenpa (temple), built in 15th Century by Ven. Drogon Thinley Rabyang, a student of Kuenga Zangpo, from the Sakya lineage. He came from Tibet and resided rotationally in Chizhi goenpa, Chapcha Shelmar goenpa and Shenga Nepa Goenpa for many years practicing Dharma. He is renowned for his teaching in the area and served as the head lama. He has a vision in which he saw the mountain was in form of Tara, the goddess of long life and wealth. Thus it is said he established a three-storied monastery in the heart of Tara.
More intimate than the popular Thimphu Tsechu, this festival is an annual ritual, which begins with an appraisal to the local deity followed by masked dances and traditional forms of Bhutanese dance and entertainment. A huge Tara Thongdrel (giant thangkha/scroll) is unfurled during the tshechu. It is believed that everyone must attend a Tsechu and witness the mask dances at least once in order to receive blessings and purify ones sins. Every mask dance performed during a Tsechu has a special meaning, teaching, a story behind act. They are performed by monks from Tashichoe dzong and laymen from Gynekha Village.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE CHEZHI TOUR
- Witness the celebration of traditional village festival highlighting the Bhutanese culture and faith.
- This village festival is more intimate and less crowded and gives the rush, hustle and bustle of the larger festivals.
- This Bhutan tour also explores all of the highlights of Bhutan’s western valleys, including the famous Taktsang Monastery at Paro, Punakha Dzong, and the many sites of Bhutan’s capital, Thimphu.
- Join in with locals in a special occasion of celebration, blessings and socializing.
- Discover some of the most sacred Buddhist monasteries and temples in the Himalaya.
- Visit many cultural attractions including medieval fortresses (Dzongs), markets and museums.
- Hike up to the famous Taktsang Monastery, perched on a cliff 900m above the valley floor.
- Marvel at the elaborate and ancient wall paintings and carvings in Dzongs and temples.
- Traverse beautiful landscapes from lush valleys to dense forests.
BHUTAN TOUR DATES
The Fixed Departure tours were especially designed keeping in mind cost saving for our clients without compromising on the quality of the experience. Our tour is perfect for the client who is adventurous, friendly and willing to share their adventure with other travelers. The itinerary dates and times are set to facilitate the timely completion of the tours for all our clients that select the set departure tour packages.
Please NOTE that the tours dates are fixed and not changeable in order to ensure the concessions of group travel for our clients. We set minimum of three clients and maximum of 16 in a group.
*Private guided tour
*Visas for Bhutan Guaranteed
*Transportation with professional driver for entire tour in Bhutan.
*Daily 3 meals (B/L/D) at designated restaurants or hotels
*Accommodation at 3-star hotel
*A qualified & licensed English-speaking guide
*Monument Entry fees
*Mineral bottled water
*Flight into Bhutan via Drukair/Bhutanair (can be arranged with us)
*Extra baggage charges
*Soft Drinks and alcoholic Beverages
*Accommodation and meals in luxury hotels
*Tips for the guide and driver