Bhutan International Marathon Tour
8 days/ 7 nights Package Price USD 1800 (Full Marathon)
Fixed Departure Dates: 3rd March – 10th March, 2020
DAY 01: ARRIVE PARO – THIMPHU
DAY 02: THIMPHU
DAY 03: THIMPHU – PUNAKHA
DAY 04: PUNAKHA
DAY 05: PUNAKHA – GASA – PUNAKHA (Marathon)
DAY 06: PUNAKHA – PARO
DAY 07: PARO
DAY 08: DEPART PARO
ABOUT THE MARATHON
The Bhutan International Marathon and Half Marathon is an annual event organized by the Bhutan Olympic Committee. The run begins at the foothills of Gasa and follows the river and ends at Punakha Dzong. Through the run, there is a gradual loss of elevation of about 1000 feet. The participants of this event are diverse with many local, regional and international visitors. It ends with a festive get together of all the participants and organizers.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE BHUTAN INTERNATIONAL MARATHON TOUR
This feature Bhutan ‘International Marathon Tour’ offers a fascinating adventure for marathon enthusiasts. Bhutan offers a great diversity of landscapes to run through, including wide valleys, forests and challenging mountains. This tour also visits significant historical and sacred sites throughout the western valleys of Paro, Thimphu and Punakha.
- Run through mixed forests, pasturelands and valleys dotted with villages rich in culture.
- Participate in either a full marathon or half marathon, covering distances of 26.2 miles (42 kms) or 13.1 miles (21 kms) respectively.
- Discover some of the most sacred Buddhist monasteries and temples in the Himalaya.
- Visit many cultural attractions including medieval fortresses (Dzongs), markets and museums.
- Hike up to the famous Taktsang Monastery, perched on a cliff 900m above the valley floor.
- Marvel at the elaborate and ancient wall paintings and carvings in Dzongs and temples.
- Traverse beautiful landscapes from lush valleys to dense forests.
- Incorporate a Value-Added Option such as a cooking lesson or meditation session with a monk.
To view more information about some of the townships that are featured in this tour, please visit the Township Highlights page.
BHUTAN TOUR DATES:
The Fixed Departure tours were especially designed keeping in mind cost saving for our clients without compromising on the quality of the experience. Our tour is perfect for the client who is adventurous, friendly and willing to share their adventure with other travelers. The itinerary dates and times are set to facilitate the timely completion of the tours for all our clients that select the set departure tour packages.
Please NOTE that the tours dates are fixed and not changeable in order to ensure the concessions of group travel for our clients. We set minimum of three clients and maximum of 16 in a group.
To know more visit: Bhutan International Marathon
*Private guided tour
*Visas for Bhutan Guaranteed
*Daily 3 meals (B/L/D) at designated restaurants or hotels
*Accommodation at 3-star hotel
*A qualified & licensed English-speaking guide
*An experienced driver and Vehicle
*Monument Entry fees & road permits
*Government fee, royalty, taxes & surcharges
*Mineral bottled water
*Flight into Bhutan via Drukair (can be arranged with us)
*Extra baggage charges
*Soft Drinks and alcoholic Beverages
*Accommodation and meals in luxury hotels
*Tips for the guide and driver